Talent to Watch Program
CineVic is pleased to return as a Designated Partner in the 2022 Telefilm Talent to Watch program! Members can apply for up to $250,000 toward production of fiction feature films or $150,000 for theatrical documentaries.
To date, 7 teams of CineVic members have been successful in this program and received Telefilm funding:
All-in Madonna (Arnold Lim, Ana de Lara, Susie Winters)
Esluna: The Crown of Babylon (Denver Jackson, Daniel Hogg)
Best Friend Me (Ana de Lara, Arnold Lim, Andy Swallow)
The Devout (Connor Gaston, Daniel Hogg, Amanda Verhagen)
Two 4 One (Maureen Bradley, Daniel Hogg)
The Hollow Child (Jeremy Lutter, Ben Rollo, Jocelyn Russell)
Q (Benjamin Musgrave, Dawn Bird, Dustin Griffin)
We want to keep the momentum going and help your project get the green light! As CineVic is the only Designated Partner in the Victoria region, this is a highly competitive program -- but well worth the effort with great odds at success.
• START by visiting the Talent to Watch website to read all the updated guidelines, list of required application items, and very helpful FAQ.
• THEN read more below for info on how to apply through CineVic. Be sure your membership is up to date!
• REGISTER for our expert panel on February 3rd @ 7pm.
CineVic Member Application Deadline:
April 1st 2022 @ 11:59 pm
Telefilm Talent to Watch Program
Thursday 3 February 2022 @ 7pm PT via Zoom
Important points to remember:
• CineVic is a designated partner under the Industry Partner Stream. (To inquire about the Festival Selection Stream or the Filmmaker Apply-Direct Streams, please contact Telefilm directly.)
• This program has two stages:
Recommendation stage: Applicants apply to CineVic, and our independent jury selects up to two projects -- one fiction feature film or theatrical documentary, and one Indigenous project -- to recommend to Telefilm.
Application stage: If the project(s) recommended by CineVic are selected by Telefilm to move forward, the creative team will then be asked to incorporate a company which will apply directly through the Telefilm portal.
• ALL key members of submitted projects (Director, Producer, Writer) must be emerging talent. Please see the Telefilm Guidelines and Essential Information Guide for the updated definition of what qualifies as emerging talent.
• ALL key members of submitted projects (Director, Producer, Writer) must be current members of CineVic. The Director must be a Production Member, while the Producer and Writer may be General or Community Members.
• In all aspects of your application, keep in mind Telefilm's commitment to "support greater equity and representation in storytelling, that reflects gender parity and diversity from various communities including Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals, Gender-diverse identities and expressions, as well as People with Disabilities from all regions of the country."
• CineVic will provide in-kind (free) equipment rental for member projects that are ultimately funded by Telefilm and go into production. Therefore you should include a realistic dollar amount of in-kind equipment rental from CineVic as both revenue and expense items in your budget. For selected projescts, we will note this in-kind revenue as confirmed in our recommendation letter to Telefilm.
• CineVic will make our selection and may choose to offer feedback to the selected applicant(s) before we submit recommendations to Telefilm.
• Please note that the May 3 deadline mentioned on Telefilm's website is the deadline for CineVic to submit our recommendations. Your deadline to apply to CineVic is April 1.
CineVic Member films funded through this program:
Esluna: The Crown of Babylon
The Hollow Child
Two 4 One