CineVic Society of Independent Filmmakers is an artist-run society supporting independent filmmakers and media artists with accessible community programming, affordable equipment, professional development resources, and cinematic exhibition opportunities.
CineVic was founded in 1991 as a production resource centre. We maintain professional-grade equipment and facilities to ensure your project has high production value from start to finish. Our programming engages the community through screenings, exhibitions, workshops, filmmaking challenges, social events, volunteer opportunities, and an annual short film festival. Our membership includes a range of film and media art enthusiasts, students, emerging and established artists, and industry professionals who also produce their own independent projects. We encourage the creation of quality work in any genre, with a focus on narrative storytelling.
• To provide our members with the support, resources and tools of filmmaking to facilitate the creation of their work.
• To provide a supportive environment for members to exhibit and/or engage in critical discourse of their work.
• To provide artistic and technical development opportunities to members.
• To support members in the promotion of their works.
• To cooperate with other organizations, in furtherance of the above purposes.